Terms & conditions
General terms and conditions - Golden Rock Dive & Nature Resort
- These general terms and conditions are applicable between C.V. Golden Rock Resort, a limited partnership, that operates the Golden Rock Dive & Nature Resort, located at St. Eustatius in the Dutch Caribbean (the “Resort”) and a guest that stays overnight at the Resort or that has bought a day-pass to visit the Resort during the day (the “guest” or “guests”).
- Reservation and cancellation
- All reservations must be guaranteed with a valid credit card or paid in full prior 31 days of arrival. If the guest fails to arrive on the scheduled arrival date without informing the Resort, the reservation will be cancelled, and the Resort is entitled to charge the entire booking to the guest’s credit card.
- A reservation booked online in advance qualifies as a legally binding contract between the Resort and the guest.
- Reservations can be cancelled or modified ultimately 31 days or more in advance of the date of arrival. Cancellations received with a 31 days or more notice, will be refunded in full less any bank charges (if any). The Resort must be informed by the guest about the modification of the reservation and the Resort has to agree with a modification of the booking. If the Resort cannot agree with the modification of the reservation, the guest receives a refund in full less any bank charges (if any). Cancellations received with less than a 30 days notice is subject to a 100% cancellation fee. Modifications received with less than 30 days is subject to a 100% cancellation fee, unless the Resort agrees with the modification of the booking.
- The Resort may, in an exceptional case, cancel a reservation. In the event of such cancellation, the guest shall be informed immediately and, if the reason for the cancellation cannot be attributed to the guest, shall be offered a full refund of any and all sums paid.
- At check-in, a guest is required to provide identification (passport, sédula or driver’s license) and their name, profession, address, contact telephone number, nationality and email address.
- Terms of payment
- At check-in, the guest must pay the amount due for the stay at the Resort to the Resort by credit card, debit card or cash.
- Check-in and check-out: Check-in is at 3:00 pm Atlantic Standard Time (AST) and check-out is at 11:00 am AST. Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
- Smoking policy: The Resort is non-smoking with exception of the areas where it is explicitly stated that smoking is allowed. Smoking traditional and electronic cigarettes is strictly prohibited in all closed areas of the Resort, including but not limited to guest rooms, balconies, hallways and common areas. A cleaning fee of USD 250 will be charged if smoking is detected in the guest’s room. The Resort reserves the right to ask a guest that violates the smoking policy to leave the Resort immediately. A refund will not be issued.
- Drugs: Any guest found using drugs within the Resort will be asked to leave the Resort immediately. A refund will not be issued.
- Weapons: Any guest found with firearms, ammunitions, knives or weapons of any kind will be asked to leave the Resort immediately. A refund will not be issued.
- Damage policy: The guest is responsible for any damage caused to the Resort’s property, including the guest’s room during their stay. The guest must pay for any damages that it has caused to the Resort’s property at check-out. A minimum additional cleaning penalty of USD 250 will be applied in case of an extremely dirty room.
- Occupancy policy: The maximum occupancy for each room is stated in the room description. Any additional occupants are subject to approval by the Resort and additional charges may apply.
- Children: Children under the age of 18 need to be accompanied by an adult, children under the age of 18 years are required to provide the Resort a parental authorization form prior to check-in. Children under the age of 2 may stay in their parent’s room free of charge. Rollaway beds are available. Additional charges may apply.
- Facilities: The room rate that the guest pays includes the use of the pool and the (sport) facilities that the Resort offers.
- Pet policy: Small pets are allowed in the Resort. A maximum of 1 pet with a maximum of 20 kilos is allowed per room. An amount of USD 30 will be charged per pet per night. Pets cannot be left unattended in the room, without first informing the reception.
- Noise policy: The guest is expected to respect the rights of other guests and to keep noise levels to a minimum. The Resort reserves the right to ask the guest to leave if noise levels become disruptive. A refund will not be issued.
- Lost and found property: If lost or found property is not collected within three months the Resort may, at its discretion, sell or dispose the same.
- Parking: Parking spaces are available at the Resort and can be used by a guest free of charge. The Resort is not responsible for any damages to or theft of the guest’s vehicle, or of the belongings kept inside the vehicle.
- Vehicles: Own bicycles, skates, scooters, and other vehicles, with the exception of wheelchairs and pushchairs, are not allowed to enter or be used in the Resort.
- Liability: The Resort is not liable for any loss, theft or damages to belongings of the guest, unless caused by intentional or deliberate recklessness of the (staff of the) Resort . Guests are responsible for the safekeeping of their personal belongings and for their own safety. The Resort shuttle, the playgrounds and the pool can be used by the guests at their own risk. Adults are at all times responsible for their children. The Resort shall not be liable for any injuries sustained by any guest on the Resort premises, unless the injury is caused due to gross negligence as a result of violation of essential (contractual) obligations of the Resort or due to intent of the Resort. The Resort shall not be liable for any personal injury caused by the negligent or intentional acts or omissions of any third party, including other guests. The sum of damages the Resort may be held liable for is limited to the sum of the Resort’s insurance coverage. Any further liability is expressly waived.
- Modification terms and conditions: The Resort reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time, provided that such modifications shall not have retroactive effect on the rights and obligations of the guest under these terms and conditions.
- House rules: Besides these general terms and conditions, house rules are applicable and must be respected by the guest.
- The Resort respects the privacy of its guests and is committed to protecting personal information of its guests.
- The Resort may collect personal information such as the guest’s name, profession, address, contact telephone number, nationality and e-mail address, payment information, when a guest makes a reservation or uses the Resort’s services. The Resort may also collect information about the guest’s preferences and interests to provide the guest with a personalized experience after prior consent of the guest.
- The Resort uses personal information of its guests to process bookings, provide the guest with Resort services, and respond to inquiries of the guest. It may also use personal information of its guests that it has obtained after prior consent of the guest to improve the Resort’s services, personalize the guest’s experience, and conduct research and analysis.
- The Resort may only use personal information of guests for marketing, promotional activities and forwarding of information relating to services and products offered by the Resort after prior consent of the guest.
- The personal information of the guest will be deleted one month after check-out. If the guest has provided its prior consent to use its personal information for marketing purposes, the Resort can keep the personal information of the guest until the guest informs the Resort that it does not want to be informed for marketing purposes anymore.
- The personal information of the guest shall not be publicly disclosed. The Resort has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information of the guest.
- The guest may contact the Resort about the protection of its personal information (access, amendment, deletion, etc.) by writing or calling to: Golden Rock Dive and Nature Resort, Behind the Mountain 21 Saint Eustatius Saint Eustatius Statia-, +599-3183348.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions (including any non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associated therewith) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, BES law.
- Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between the Resort and the guest relating to these terms and conditions (including any non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associated therewith) shall fall within the jurisdiction of the Court of First Instance of Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba.
Welcome to Golden Rock Resort Statia
When you visit, please always enjoy or premises and services as intended.
- Should you have joined us by car, the Golden Rock Resort guest-parking is provided free of charge. Although Statia is next to crime-free, we cannot assume responsibility for damage, theft or otherwise, while on our grounds.
- When you visit to enjoy, relax and/or swim, without being a registered hotel-guest, we kindly ask you to buy a day-pass. Without this pass, we cannot allow you to be on the premises.
- Only currently registered hotel guests can visit and enjoy the resort’s facilities outside opening hours. These are defined by the management.
- Please always enjoy our facilities in a friendly, non-disturbing manner. We have camera surveillance in the resort, to also make sure that your safety is guarded.
- Please follow instructions from the resort’s staff; they are recognizable as a team member by uniform and/or nametags.
- We are fully inclusive; however, we cannot allow substance abuse in any way shape or form. Please refrain from use on the resort itself. When you do use on premises, we shall ask you to leave immediately after settling your account.
- Any undesirable behavior towards other visitors and/or Golden Rock employees will not be accepted. People who do not behave in the requested manner, can be asked to leave our resort.
- Any selling and/or distributing goods is not permitted without prior written permission/consent from Golden Rock resort management.
- Privately owned Bicycles, skates, scooters, and other vehicles, with the exception of wheelchairs and pushchairs, are not allowed to enter or be used the park. The hotel provides an electrical ‘shuttle’-train (free of charge) to transport patrons from rooms, suites and lodges, Breeze Restaurant, to and from the greenhouse, Bobbie’s Beach Club & Lagoon, and back.
- Excessively loud use of music players or blue-tooth speakers is not appreciated.
- In the event of theft, the police will be contacted at all times.
- The two resort pools and lagoon are open to hotel-guests only, and can be used from 8.00am until 7.00pm (or at sunset).
- Swimming: the pool depths are:
Main pool between hotel and Breeze has a depth of 1.35m (4'5'' ft);
The lower Pool-2 has a depth of 1.50m (4'11'' ft).
- The lagoon has a maximum depth of 10m (32’9” ft).
- Guest entering the pool/lagoon are requested to use an available free shower before entering.
- Be advised that there is no pool/lagoon-lifeguard on duty at any time.
- Please use restaurant or beach club toilets for sanitary needs.
- Guest swim at their own risk. Children under 12 yrs of age must be accompanied by supervising parent or custodian.
- Please always wear proper swimming attire.
- Any diving into the pool/lagoon is strictly prohibited.
- Bringing own food and drinks is not permitted.
- Hotel guests are supplied with resort pool towels while registering their name and room number of the resort. Please return your pool towel at the pool station after use.
- Walk; do not run in and around the pool/lagoon area for your and other safety; wet tiles may be slippery.
- No ball games allowed in/around the pool/lagoon (please use multi-sports-court).
- Food and drinks are not permitted to be consumed in the pool/lagoon.
- No real glassware is permitted in/around the pool/lagoon; we gladly provide a suitable alternative.
- Guest under influence of alcohol or drugs are not allowed to enter the pool/lagoon.
- Golden Rock Resort is not responsible for any loss or damage to any personal property.
Playground, Midget-Golf part-1
- Opening hours from 8 am – 7 pm (or at sunset), without supervision
- All persons, small and large, use playground at their own risk.
Playground & Midget-Golf, part-2
- Play nicely together and be polite to everyone.
- Children under the age of 12 must always be accompanied by an adult.
- Proper footwear is required while using playground or midget-golf equipment.
- Do not use equipment when wet.
- No glasses or alcoholic beverages are allowed in or around the playground.
Thank you for your understanding & cooperation.